News and Information
Sept 2010 - Dec 2010
- Congratulations to all pupils who competed in the Waterford Cross Country for Primary Schools.
- Congratulations to Imogen Edmondson(2nd Class), who won the Irish Times 'Art in the Classroom' prize last term, winning a visit to Fota Island Wildlife Park for her whole class! Click here to see her lovely painting.
- We all had great fun preparing for and celebrating Christmas - the girls from 4th, 5th and 6th classes, led by Sr. Úna, sang beautifully at the Christmas Carol mass the Saturday before Christmas
- We did lovely artwork in all the classes. Click here to see some of the beautiful crafts and artwork from all classes.
- 6th Class made lovely Christmas books for the Senior Infants. When they had them ready the two classes went to the hall to hear the stories being read. Click here to see some photos.
- 5th class made yummy christmas cakes. They smelled lovely and the girls enjoyed themselves making them. Let's hope they tasted as good as these pictures show!
- All the classes made decorations for the Hasbro Giving Tree. Hasbro donated one game for each decoration made by children in Waterford. some of the classes went to the Giving Tree to hang their decorations.
- Some classes visited the carousel in town and had great fun. So did some of the teachers! click here to see the photos.
- Many classes did beautiful Christmas plays and performed them for delighted Mammies, Daddies and Grandparents.
- Red Kettle came to visit and put on a play about a boy who wrote a story that had no ending, called "Rory McRory and the Never Ending Story" Some girls were chosen to take part in the play. click here to see them.
- 5th and 6th classes held a cake sale in aid of the Saint Vincent De Paul Christmas Appeal and made over €550 .Thank you to everyone who made the cakes, helped at the sale and bought the cakes.
- Junior Infants - 2nd Class enjoyed an anti-litter play where they learnt about recycling.